Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thing 11-Animoto

Reflecting on my experience with Animoto: it was simple to select material, and the software would "help" you and warn you if making a misstep. I did have a bit of difficulty downloading some video material from youtube, as the javascript code seemed difficult to get correct-but I finally did. Ultimately, I used a google chrome bookmarklet, and once I found the most recent code it worked fine. I enjoyed duplicating the video so I could select various 10 second segments, and I opted to have the background music I selected from Animoto fade out so the audio track for the video could be inserted as well.

Possible classroom use: Humanities field trip project where students create video displaying architectural features they have found from the scavenger list.

No comments:

Post a Comment